The classic lock and key has been the main option for securing doors, windows and safes for many years. While it was considered to be an effective option for home security for some time, the types of locks and keys have become more sophisticated over time. From padlocks and deadbolts we have now come to a level of development where keyless locks are being used. Not only is the technology much superior in keyless locks, there are also specific advantages of having a keyless lock.
Top Advantages of Keyless Locks:
• There is no danger of keys getting lost or getting into the wrong hands. While earlier versions of keyed locks have a disadvantage since keys can be copied, the latest locks have keys that are not easily duplicated. However, a key can still be lost and therefore leave you in a lurch at the wrong time.
• Multiple entry is far easier with keyless locks that use a security code. This code can be given to all members of the family with explicit instructions to share it with no one else. Maintaining and keeping track of the number of keys that there are for each of the locks is not necessary with keyless locks.
• When one needs to carry and safeguard a wallet, a cell phone and numerous other things, carrying a key is a hassle one can do without. Grappling for keys in the dark when you return home late can cause be quite a hassle too.
• Changing the access code for a keyless lock is easy when you feel that it has been compromised. This can be done with utmost ease as against a key in which case, the entire cylinder of the lock needs to be changed.
• Picking a keyless lock is not impossible but it requires an extremely high level of expertise and technical know how; something that is not so common among petty thieves today. What this means is that you have better home security with keyless locks as compared to regular locks that can be picked relatively easily.
• Installing a keyless lock is no more difficult than installing a regular lock. All you need to do is make slight modifications to the door and you should be able to place the keyless lock in the same position as the regular lock that you had earlier. There are some which are mechanical and do not need any kind of power and others that work on batteries that need to be replaced regularly.
Contact the experts at Godby Safe & Lock to talk about the benefits of a keyless lock system for your home or business.